Saturday, June 9, 2018

Much Nothing

"...nothing much happens. Much nothing happens..." - Chuck Palahniuk

It's been nearly 6 years since I wrote. Six years since I hit that "publish" icon on here, this blogging platform.













It used to be so knee jerk, so automatic. This publishing of my thoughts out there. For your eyes. For all eyes.












And old age has made me timid. Into a reclusive old soul, an old man who is old before his time.




















Truly, as my 46th anniversary of rotating around this sun approaches, I shun the sharing. I shun the telling funny stories and being around others.

I've truly become the curmudgeon I once joked I was.

But the real of the real is that I work. And I count my days till I get away from others in my escape pod.















I run. And I bide my time preparing for races where I can gauge my fitness against other, over the hill men in my age class.




















So the non point of this post...the thing I've wasted our time on is just what Chuck started this with saying.

Nothing much is happening. Much nothing is happening.

Life happens one day at a time. One commute to the office to the couch to the office to the couch to the grave. If I may quote some Rollins Band.


Routine, rut, routine?! Who decides?!

2 comments: